Saturday, June 28, 2008

A New Day

It is a sunny new day today and I am thankful for all that it brings!

This morning I am quickly straightening the RV before heading home to Lake Havasu City. Though I am not looking forward to the 4 hour drive, I am tremendously excited to be going home after 6 months in Phoenix. I am excited about reuniting with my friends after this time away and looking forward to the opportunity to assist and serve my community on a local level. The icing on the cake, too, is that our boat is in the slip at the Lake Havasu Marina for the summer and I plan on taking some relaxing evening tours of the lake!

The Arizona House and Senate adjourned Sine Die last night at 10:09 pm after an unusually long and contentious day. In past years, we have adjourned immediately after passing a budget but this session but, in order to allow certain bills to continue through the process (like the marriage amendment) we worked until late last night. Here are three media interpretations to what transpired last night:

Legislature's session ends with testy finale

Contention rules floor on last day of session

Finally! Legislature ends session on 166th day

For any of you reading this in the Kingman area, I will be attending a Candidate Meet and Greet later on this afternoon at the home of Lenny and Nancy Moschcau. The gathering is between 3:30 pm - 6:00 pm. For more information, call me on my cell phone: (928) 230-5641.

No comments: