Monday, March 10, 2008

Constituent Mail

When I communicate electronically I attempt to couch the vital parts of my message with words and/or phrases that hint to my tone. Maybe this helps, maybe and more than likely, I am fooling myself. The writer of this email employs no such aid and although, I do not need well-written, formal, or flowery emails, it does help me know where you are coming from if you provide a few clues.

Since our property value has decreased, shouldn't our taxes decrease? Did you understand the Notice of Value you received from the county assessor? Did you know you cannot do anything about your 2008 taxes due in Oct of 2008. You had to appeal 2008 taxes in JANUARY OF 2007. If you ask the assessor office about it they will tell you we only follow the rules given to us by the lawmakers who spend your tax dollars. Now is the time you can appeal your 2009 taxes due in Oct 2009. Senator Gould promised us a property tax relief bill which would lower our property taxes. Where is it?

BTW, the tax relief bill Senator Gould & I sponsored was held by Senate Finance Chair, Senator Jim Warring. You can read about it by clicking the title of this post.

No comments: