Saturday, May 31, 2008

LOOKING BACK: One Year Ago

NOTE: I was going through my archived emails and I found this email that I sent out one year ago tomorrow so I thought I would post it as a reminder of what I have been through and how far I have come. Praise God!!!

Good Morning to all!

(Writing to you from Lake Havasu…great to be home now more than in PHX as budget talks are winding down and session is almost over. Make a note that we can be reached more easily here in LHC for the remainder of the year.)

Just a quick note to let you know how much I love you guys and am very grateful for your prayers, cards, and emails with sweet words of encouragement. Frank and I are so thankful God has surrounded us with family and friends like you that are faithful and forgiving, focused on the future. By the grace of God, with your support I recently received my 60 day chip from AA and have just over 2 months sober!

I can honestly say that I am thankful that my struggles with alcohol are known to all for the publicity motivated me to seek help. Entering rehab at Calvary Center in Phoenix was one of the best decisions I have ever made. They offer a faith-based program for recovery from alcohol, drugs, and gambling addictions in addition to a more traditional tract. I expected the majority of people in rehab would be from the Phoenix area. Was I surprised to find out that it was exactly the opposite…people from all over the country made up the majority of the clients! Apparently Calvary Center has an outstanding reputation (including being praised on the Dr. Phil show) and costs only a fraction of the price of other 30 day programs. God is working there…what a wonderful place!

Click on this link http://wwwdev.psysolutions.com/facilities/calvary/site/ for more information.

I am sure that many of you are curious about my legal situation and so I will give you the straight dirt as opposed to the half-baked stuff you find when you “Google” my name. The truth is that I am in legal limbo. No charges have been filed as of yet, no prosecutor has this case, no court assigned, that is besides the court of public opinion. Some folks think that because of this lack of action that I am getting special treatment. I can tell you this, I would rather the process commence ASAP. I made a horrid decision to drink and drive and am not attempting to escape prosecution, not at all. The actions of the La Paz county prosecutor have caused the delay; he created a conflict of interest when he emailed me shortly after my arrest and now outside authorities are involved. Though I wish this consequence of my poor judgment behind me, I know for certain that my timing is no match for God’s timing and that my future is in His hands. It is unfathomable but Frank and I have great peace despite the unknown and that only comes from Him.

"Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus" (Phil. 4:6-7).

From the Big Book of Alcoholics Anonymous, pp 83-84
"We are going to know a new freedom and a new happiness. We will not forget the past nor wish to shut the door on it. We will comprehend the word serenity and we will know peace. No matter how far down the scale we have gone, we will see how our experience can benefit others. That feeling of uselessness and self-pity will disappear. We will lose interest in selfish things and gain interest in our fellows. Self-seeking will slip away. Our whole attitude and out-look upon life will change. Fear of people and of economic insecurity will leave us. We will intuitively know how to handle situations which used to baffle us. We will suddenly realize that God is doing for us what we could not do for ourselves".

Again, thank you for your love and forgiveness,

Trish

No comments: