Thursday, May 29, 2008

Catching Up ~ Abeit Briefly




Just a short post for now as I am, as they say in the South, "plum tuckered out". It has been a long day of signature gathering capped off by a farewell party for local radio-show host Steve Cleverly given to him by his friends at the radio station. Steve is an intelligent man, a fair interviewer, and a friend. I will miss his questions, his insight, and point of view. I wish him and his beautiful and classy wife well on their next endeavor.

Between signature gathering stops I did visit Lake Havasu City Hall to see Charlie Cassens and catch him up on all that is happening (and not happening) with proceedings in Phoenix. Charlie is great about passing word to our local officials and then onto Kingman and Bullhead City and I appreciate the job that he performs. I do not know if he gets recognition for his services to the citizens of Lake Havasu though he surely deserves some.

Though I am thankful for the extra day off from the legislature and put it to good use by visiting local business owners, saying hello to sorely missed friends, I do regret the decision of House and Senate Leadership to adjourn until Monday. The adjournment does provide them with time to meet with the Governor's staff and hammer out key budget proposals, though but to me, it does not pass the "smell-test".

On Wednesday I did participate in a small budget meeting held by House leadership Boone and McComish and will post about the discussion that took place in my next post but for now I must return some work-related emails before calling it a day. Tomorrow morning is the sunrise Chamber mixer at La Fiesta on McCulloch Blvd. in Lake Havasu and I plan to be there to welcome the morning with some long-lost friends.

Arrivederci ;)

No comments: