Sunday, July 27, 2008

NRA Endorsement

Returning home from Bullhead City, I rushed out to check the mail. (As much as I use email predominately for communication, nothing compares to recieving good old-fashion snail mail, in my opinion.) I was ecstatic when I read the printing on a small-sized bright orange postcard. One side of the postcard exclaimed "ELECTION ALERT". The flip side held the held this message:

VOTE FREEDOM FIRST IN THE SEPTEMBER 2 PRIMARY ELECTION!

Dear Arizona NRA Member,

Tuesday, September 2 is a Primary Election Day. Your National Rifle Association Political Victory Fund (www.NRAPVF.org) has endorsed Trish Groe and Nancy McClain for re-election in State House District 3.

The postcard mentions that I am an "A" rated lawmaker, that I have been a strong advocate for the Second Amendment, and have helped pass numerous bills critically important to Arizona gun owners. I am also credited for co-sponsoring HB 2629, which would have clarified defensive display of a firearm, and HB 2630, which would have made carrying a concealed weapon a petty offense instead of a misdemeanor.

If you are a registered voter, you are eligible to participate in this election! Be sure to spread the word to your family, friends, and fellow gun owners to re-elect Trish Groe!

Sincerely, National Rifle Association Institute for Legislative Action, http://www.nrail.org/

No comments: