Sunday, June 1, 2008

IT IS FINISHED

By God’s abundant grace & your selfless effort, I currently have over 800 names ~ well enough to put my name on the ballot! Frank & I will turn them over to the Secretary of State’s Office on Tuesday, before the Wednesday deadline. I wish you all could be there that day…what a glorious picture that would be!

Senator Gould & I are headed back to Phoenix; both the House & the Senate go to floor tomorrow at 11:00. We have few bills still under consideration (see my blog for a tomorrow’s list) but the main focus now at the Arizona Legislature is addressing the $2.2 Billion dollar shortfall. Your prayers on this are needed as we fight for sound fiscal stewardship of your hard-earned money. With only one month left we must forge a solution to address the crisis, if we do not, on July 1st government shuts down. Pray that lawmakers put policy over politics & that “having to be right” does not get in the way of doing what is right.

Whatever the outcome of the budget process, Frank & I are looking forward to the end of session & the opportunity to spend time with friends & supporters. We are so grateful to all who continue to show mercy, love, & forgiveness. Each of you have touched us in ways that will forever impact our lives & we strive to do the same to all that we meet. It is our hope that during this time away from Phoenix, our friendships will continue to blossom…it is hard to grow roots while moving about so much!

I have a kitchen of dishes calling so I must end this note but I want to mention that as campaign season gears up, so does the rumor mill. Please feel free to call me if you hear something that doesn’t sound right & encourage others to do the same. I welcome the opportunity to address the gossip mills instead of facing unrestrained speculation.

With many thanks,
Trish Groe

No comments: