Friday, March 21, 2008

The Way Things Work

Why oh why, would a county official author a press release against a bill I co-sponsored urging others to contact me before talking with me himself?

Weird.

Difficult to understand are the actions of this gentleman, especially since he spends so much time at the Capitol. Why would he not mention his stance on this bill when we stood together last weekend, in silence under the sun? (Special Olympics, LHC)

Strange, the way things work sometimes...

This particular bill has been in the system since January. It is nothing new. It was heard in a House Committee meeting at least two weeks ago (February 7th actually, I just checked) where many representatives from District III testified of its need. (Not one person signed in against this legislation.)

I am not "married" to the bill as they sometimes say at the Capitol, explaining the unhealthy relationship members have with a bill they sponsor. I signed on to this out of respect for my seatmate and the local officials who explained their need for such a law. Since then I have written here about the bill and have also noted it's existence in other forums. Not a peep have I heard in opposition of this bill.

Until now.

Who knows, this bill may be terrible and full of unintended consequences. I am certainly open to killing the bill if it is awful, holding it if it is bad, and amending it, if it is only good, in order to make it better. But that is not my point.

MY POINT:

Mr. Supervisor, why the press release?
Am I that unapproachable?
Forget where my office is?
On the third floof, 309.

Mr. Supervisor, you're the "good one", not the name caller
Not a phone caller?
Thought you were reasonable
What gives?

Hoping to hear from you Mr. Supervisor!

602-926-5408

No comments: