Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Where's the Budget?

While waiting for caucus to begin this morning I thought I would take the opportunity to post. No good news to share. With only a few days left in February and a budget crisis weighing heavily on my mind I am ashamed to say that there is no movement on the budget. The silence is deafening as focus on (terrible) bills moving forward in the process. The Appropriations committee which usually meets on Wednesdays has been cancelled this week. Appropriations Chair Russell Pearce just walked by; apparently the delay in voting on the proposed budget "fixes" is because the Senate does not have the votes. Looks like the House will continue to wait for action in the Senate as the budget problems worsen.

While Rome burns, we are reviewing over 60 bills in caucus. After we vet them I will attempt to post both the highlights and lowlights...stay tuned!

No comments: