Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Sure Could Use a Little Good News Today

For now, Greg Patterson's post about the state of the state will paint the bloody picture of our budget woes. Follow the link.

I promise a post on the House proposed budget, the budget process and the bad news, bad budget, bad bills blues that are wreaking havoc at the capitol, causing many a member stressful days and sleepless nights. I am struggling to find the good in this situation we face and praying that, in attempting to address the crisis, we lawmakers don't do more harm, than good. The task tonight feels weighty and my shoulders worn. I am grateful I know a lighter yoke and for the respite it provides. May today's stumbling blocks be tomorrow's stepping stones.

And, along those lines, may tomorrow's bills have plenty of amendments, to make them palatable, at the very least. There is a reason "they" say, "The road to hell is paved with good intentions."

No comments: