Monday, January 30, 2006

Mr. David Burnell Smith

God is so good to give us all strength as we walk through the fire!

Today, on the floor, we heard the resignation/floor speech of Mr. David Burnell Smith...a good man who made an unfortunate mistake when spending his campaign monies provided by the clean elections commisssion. Representative Smith came forward when he realized his mistake and attempted to rectify the situation. I would like to take this time to acknowledge his honesty and to commend him for his composure through out the continuing media circus and clean elections investigation. I would also like to express my gratitude to my colleagues, both Democrats and Republicans that treated Mr. Smith with dignity and respect. My hope is that this graciousness continues throughout the remainder of the session.

No comments: