Thursday, July 3, 2008

Downtime...with a Side of Links


I made it into town last Saturday evening and promised myself (and my family) that I would take a week to relax before jumping full speed into campaign mode. I am thankful for this down time and relishing having the grandkids in town!
Please excuse the lighthearted posts but my heart just sings having the two boys around. Besides boating on Lake Havasu, we have been swimming in the pool, making cupcakes, playing Wii bowling, watching Veggie Tales, and countless other fun activities. I have roasted two herb and garlic-rubbed pork loins, slow-cooked two tri-tips for BBQ sandwiches, grilled chicken for my famous chicken pasta salad, and tried a new recipe for Brown-Sugar Bacon that I saw Billy Joel's wife make this on the Food Network last week. Yummmmm...

For those of you who need some meat and potatoes to accompany this family fluff I gladly provide the following Arizona-related links:









That's it for now...there is a messy kitchen and a couple of hungry kids calling my name!

No comments: