Friday, July 25, 2008

Constituent Mail: Stolen SLIF Monies

This afternoon I recieved a passionate email from a property owner in Lake Havasu City who had read an article about the recent robbing of State Lake Improvement Funds from the Arizona State Parks Department for the purpose of attempting to balance the state budget.

Along with my response, I have included a link to the article about this that appeared in the Today's News Herald.

http://www.havasunews.com/articles/2008/07/23/news/doc4886b360e247b023412416.txt


Dear Mr. John Q Public,

Thank you for taking the time to write me, voicing your outrage at the announcement of the cancellation of SLIF grants previously awarded to Lake Havasu City by the AZ State Parks Department. I fought tooth and nail to prevent State Lake Improvement Funds from being stolen. Unfortunately uncontrolled spending and unrestrained greed by our current governor and legislators on both sides of the aisle have contributed to the $2.3 Billion Dollar Shortfall we now face. To address this issue, supporters of the recently enacted budget stole money from every designated fund in addition to borrowing $2 Million MORE dollars to dig us further into debt. Mr. JQ Public, as a fiscal conservative I continuously fight for prudent spending of taxpayer money with priorities on transportation infrastructure (including SLIF dollars), public safety, and education.

I understand your frustration as it echos my own. If I am re-elected I hope to continue this battle, restoring and then preserving stolen designated funds.

Most respectfully,

No comments: