Wednesday, June 18, 2008

No Budget In Sight...

No budget in sight...no rumor of a budget at all...no whispers, NO NOTHING!

On a more positive note, the House did vote on and pass the Partial Birth Abortion Ban and the bill is now headed to the Governor.

We are working tomorrow...the first time in about two months that we will be meeting on a Thursday. I expect to hear details of the monstrous "job stimulus" package that bears the name of the Speaker, Andy Tobin and Michelle Reagan. I am relieved to say that this proposal is not being received enthusiastically by my colleagues so perhaps there is another reason for hope.

I am exhausted, a bit emotionally drained and completely embarassed about all of the garbage that makes up these late days of session. I will post more tomorrow but for now, I am turning off the computer and turning in to bed.

G'night.

No comments: