Sunday, December 17, 2006

Or' the River & Through the Woods to Grandmother's House..

We go!

F and I returned last night from a too short visit to Illinois to visit my Grandmother for the first time since the passing of my Grandfather last May. Balmy weather (mid-50's) and sunshine eased the mood of touch-down into Milwaukee, a place more associated with the long-term illness and emergency hospitalizations, usually during the bitter winters than beer (Many people associate Milwaukee with beer, as it was once the home to four of the world's largest breweries and was the number one beer producing city in the world for many years) the Brewers, or Bucks.

My uncle is teaching my Grandmother to use the computer and she is now a frequent visitor to the blogs of my siblings...mine not so much, due to the majority political content. (This one's for you, Gram!)

The days were short but jam-packed full of food, family and fellowship. Over Honey-Baked Ham, Dijon-Crusted Slow Roasted Pork Tenderloin, and Tender Beef Pot Roast F & I basked in the company of my Gram, the Uncle and His Tender-Hearted Wife, and three of my favorite Aunts. My only regret is that we forgot to drop by the local ice cream shop for a seasonal eggnog shake!

Next time, F says "when the weather warms" our visit will be longer. Think we can get a budget signed and end session in 120 days? I have my motivation!

I love you Gram! Make those appointments, use the puffer, and know that you are always in our thoughts and prayers!

No comments: